- A hickory tree (Carya cordiformis) of east the united states, having thin-shelled peanuts with bitter kernels.
- The bitternut hickory, Carya cordiformis, a standard hickory tree indigenous to the east US and southeast Canada.
- Its fruit, a bitter fan often made use of as feed for livestock.
- The swamp hickory (Carya amara). Its thin-shelled peanuts tend to be bitter.
- The swamp-hickory of the united states of america, Carya amara. Its nuts are thin-shelled, with an intensely bitter kernel.
- hickory of the east US having a leaves with 7 or 9 leaflets and thin-shelled very sour nuts
- Definition for "bitternut"
- A hickory tree (Carya cordiformis) of east the…
- View More
- Sentence for "bitternut"
- Hypernym for "bitternut"