- An anvil with two projecting taper stops.
- An anvil closing in a beak or point (orig. in two beaks); in addition, the beak or horn it self.
- An anvil with two projecting, tapering ends; for this reason, one particular end; a beak-iron.
- Medieval milit., a name for martel-de-fer, in allusion to its double head, which one side had been made pointed while the other blunt; any comparable double-headed tool or device.
- Any metal apply ending in a beak: just as if a contracted form of beak-iron (which see).
- In addition beckern.