Definition for "belaying pin"
- Nautical A short, detachable wood or metal pin…
Hypernym for "belaying pin"
- Nautical A short, detachable wood or metal pin built in a hole inside rail of a boat and employed for securing working gear.
- some of the brief lengths of timber, iron or metal create in convenient locations on a ship to secure running rigging.
- a wooden or metal pin to which operating rigging might belayed.
- a wood or material club to which a rope can be secured (since on a ship or perhaps in mountain climbing)
- a solid pin when you look at the side of a vessel, or because of the mast, round which ropes tend to be wound if they are fastened or belayed.