- A wooden pin trapped regarding the edges of a bedstead, to prevent the bedclothes from falling on either part.
- “A wooden pin stuck anciently on the sides of the bedstead, to hold the clothes from slipping on either side.”
- A staff or stick formerly utilized in some way about a bed, and often offering as a weapon, in which feeling your message mostly takes place. Specifically—
- [utilized in the colloquial expression when you look at the twinkling of a bed-staff, in which, whenever bedstaff became obsolete, bedpost had been substituted, depriving the expression of the literal power in modern-day use.
- A wooden pin caught regarding the sides of a bedstead, to stop the bedclothes from slipping on either part.
- “A wood pin stuck anciently regarding the edges for the bedstead, to hold the clothing from slipping on either side.”
- A staff or stick formerly used in some way about a bed, and frequently serving as a weapon, in which sense the word most commonly occurs. Specifically—
- [found in the colloquial expression in twinkling of a bed-staff, for which, when bedstaff became outdated, bedpost was replaced, depriving the phrase of the literal power in modern-day usage.
Sentence for "bedstaff"
- Alas, his whole estate and life…
- View More