- A fabric with contrasting horizontal stripes.
- A female dancer
- a kind of material having highly contrasting stripes
- a lady performer in the East Indies.
- An East Indian dancing-girl.
- A weave of textiles for which stripes operate transversely as opposed to longitudinally.
- used as an exceptional epithet to textile fabrics horizontally striped, which a variety were utilized for curtains, skirts, etc.: as, a bayadere grenadine, a bayadere skirt.
Sentence for "bayadere"
Variant for "bayadere"