- The dried aromatic leaf associated with laurel or bay (Laurus nobilis) used as a seasoning in cooking.
- A herb produced by a shrub of this family Lauraceae.
- the leaf regarding the bay tree (Laurus nobilis). This has a fragrant odor and an aromatic taste, and it is useful for flavoring in meals.
- ; pl. bay-leaves (-lēvz).
- The leaf associated with sweet-bay or laurel-tree, Laurus nobilis.
- Same as bay, n., 3.
- dried leaf associated with bay laurel
Definition for "bay leaf"
- The dried aromatic leaf associated with laurel or…
Hypernym for "bay leaf"
Variant for "bay leaf"