Definition for "batting"
Sentence for "batting"
Quotes for "batting"
- "Maybe I'm delusional but I'm usually…"
Phrases for "batting"
Rhyme for "batting"
Hypernym for "batting"
Verb Stem for "batting"
Technology Dictionary for "batting"
Sports Dictionary for "batting"
- The work of one which bats.
- Cotton, wool, or synthetic dietary fiber wadded into moves or sheets, useful for stuffing furnishings and mattresses as well as lining quilts.
- cotton, wool, silk or artificial material regularly stuff the inside of a mattress, quilt an such like
- unique cotton fiber for surgery.
- the act of someone who bats
- The work of 1 just who bats; the management of a bat in winning contests of baseball.
- Cotton in sheets, ready to be used to make quilts, etc..
- The work or procedure for washing or smoothing linen with a bat.
- the entire process of beating natural cotton fiber with hazel-or holly-twigs, on a frame made of cords, for the intended purpose of starting the matted locks, or of beating out impurities.
- Cotton or wool ready in dense but light matted sheets for quilts or bed-covers, the quilting of clothes, etc. Also called bat, batts.
- The work or manner of making use of a bat in a game of baseball: as, their particular batting had been good.
- (baseball) the batter's attempt to log in to base
- filling manufactured from rolls or sheets of cotton wool or artificial fiber
- provide participle of bat.