- an excellent screen of virtuosity when the dancer's legs open and close quickly while in the air, aided by the illusion of striking together and rebounding. Also referred to as battu.
- The percussion section of an orchestra or band, battery pack; marching instruments in a drumline, as opposed to the gap.
- A roll upon the medial side- or snaredrum.
- a way of playing practicing the guitar by hitting the strings as opposed to plucking all of them.
- An obsolete designation for a staccato arpeggiation associated with chords of an accompaniment. Compare Alberti bass (under bass) and arpeggio.
Sentence for "batterie"
- Charles had set up what you…
- View More