- A ballet move concerning a beating action with a protracted leg
- A thumping or beating feeling
- A beating; striking; impulse.
- In music, a trill-like ornament, consisting of a slow shake of a tone with the next tone below, beginning with the second: typical in old-fashioned music.
- in opposition to the cadence (see cadence, 4 ) in that in the latter the trill starts with the key note.
Definition for "battement"
- A ballet move concerning a beating action with…
Sentence for "battement"
Sports Dictionary for "battement"