- students at Oxford who is supplied with arrangements through the buttery; previously, one that paid for only just what he called for, answering nearly to a sizar at Cambridge.
- students at Oxford indebted into the college-books for provisions and drink within buttery.
- among a rank or purchase of pupils at Oxford below commoners; an undesirable pupil.
- Definition for "batteler"
- students at Oxford who is supplied with arrangements…
- View More
- Equivalent for "batteler"
- Variant for "batteler"