- An abrupt, unintended change however you like from the exalted toward commonplace, producing a ludicrous result.
- An anticlimax.
- Insincere or grossly sentimental pathos: "a richly textured man just who . . . can be . . . emotional into verge of bathos” ( Kenneth L. Woodward).
- Banality; triteness.
- Depth, base.
- An abrupt improvement in style, frequently from large to reasonable; an unintended change of design; an anticlimax.
- Triteness; triviality; banality.
- very emotional and exaggerated pathos.
- A ludicrous lineage from the elevated to your low, on paper or message; anticlimax.
- Depth; least expensive component or phase; base.
- A ludicrous lineage from the elevated into the commonplace or ridiculous written down or address; a sinking; anticlimax.
- Synonyms Fustian, Turgidness, etc. See bombast.
- triteness or triviality of design
- an alteration from a critical subject to a disappointing one
- insincere pathos
- Definition for "bathos"
- An abrupt, unintended change however you like from…
- View More
- Sentence for "bathos"
- Longinus's warning against bathos is a…
- View More
- Synonym for "bathos"
- Hypernym for "bathos"
- Same Context for "bathos"
- Urban Dictionary for "bathos"