- A wall built over the ditch of a fortification, with a sluice gate to regulate the height of liquid when you look at the ditch on both edges of wall.
- A cofferdam.
- A wall built over the ditch of a fortification, with a sluice gate to modify the height of water in ditch on both sides associated with wall.
- A coffer-dam; a casing of piles made water-tight, fixed within the sleep of a river to exclude the water from the website for the pier or any other work even though it is being constructed.
- In fortification, a wall, generally furnished with a sluice-gate, built across a moat or ditch, to retain water in those elements of the ditch which need becoming inundated.
- Definition for "batardeau"
- Sentence for "batardeau"
- Synonym for "batardeau"