- outdated form of bastille.
- A tower or an increased work, used for the security, or in the siege, of a fortified place.
- “The Bastille”, formerly a castle or fortress in Paris, utilized as a prison, specifically for political offenders; therefore, a rhetorical name for a prison.
- A bridge-tower, gate-tower, outlying defense, or citadel.
- In French record, a fortress made use of as a situation jail.
- therefore By extension, any jail, specifically one performed in an arbitrary or oppressive way.
- A movable tower used by the besiegers of a solid destination, whether for nearing the wall space (view belfry) or as a defense and security the besiegers.
- To confine in a bastile; imprison.
Definition for "bastile"
Sentence for "bastile"
Equivalent for "bastile"
Same Context for "bastile"