- The smooth, light-colored wood of any types of linden. It is utilized in making crates and bins, in carving, plus in millwork.
- Any of a few woods of the genus Tilia; the lindens, specifically Tilia americana, the American basswood.
- The bass (Tilia) or its timber; especially, Tilia Americana. See bass, the lime tree.
- the most popular name of United states linden or lime-tree, Tilia Americana. The white bass-wood is T. heterophylla. Also referred to as bass.
- soft light-colored timber of every of varied linden trees; used in making crates and boxes and in carving and millwork
- some of numerous deciduous trees associated with genus Tilia with heart-shaped leaves and drooping cymose groups of yellowish usually fragrant blossoms; several yield important wood
Definition for "basswood"
Sentence for "basswood"
Hypernym for "basswood"
Same Context for "basswood"
Variant for "basswood"