- The constant realization of equilibrium throughout a musical piece, usually by a harpsichord and/or cello. Abbreviation: bc.
- A bass part written out continuously, even though the other areas of this equilibrium tend to be indicated by figures connected to the bass; proceeded bass.
- just like figured bass (which see, under bass).
- a bass part written call at full and followed by figures to point the chords become played
- Definition for "basso continuo"
- Hypernym for "basso continuo"
- Etymologically Related for "basso continuo"