- the healthiness of becoming standard
- The degree to which a substance is basic
- the sheer number of replaceable hydrogen atoms in a molecule of an acid
- the standard or condition of being a base.
- the effectiveness of an acid to unite with several atoms or equivalents of a base, as indicated because of the quantity of changeable hydrogen atoms within the acid.
- In chem.: their state to be a base, or of playing the section of a base in combination.
- The power of an acid to unite with several atoms of a base.
- In foundry-work, the percentage of metallic oxid contained in, and absence of silica from, a furnace-lining, a cinder, flux, or slag.
Sentence for "basicity"
Cross Reference for "basicity"
Same Context for "basicity"