- A thin, fragile layer of connective muscle underlying the epithelium of numerous body organs. Also referred to as basement lamina.
- A thin sheet of fibrous cells that underlies the epithelium.
- a delicate membrane consists of an individual level of flat cells, developing the substratum upon which, in lots of organs, the epithelioid cells are disposed.
- Definition for "basement membrane"
- A thin, fragile layer of connective muscle underlying…
- View More
- Medical Dictionary for "basement membrane"