- A line serving as a basis, in terms of dimension, calculation, or area.
- A measurement, calculation, or location made use of as a basis for comparison.
- Baseball The base course.
- Sports The boundary range at either end of a court, such as baseball or tennis.
- Sports the region near this boundary range: made a basket from base line.
- Sports a method of play in tennis where the player continues to be nearby the base line and rarely gets near the web.
- A line tracked round a cannon guiding the vent.
Definition for "base line"
- A line serving as a basis, in terms…
Sports Dictionary for "base line"