- Baseball a winner by which the batter reaches base properly without incurring a mistake, fielder's choice, or power play.
- A successful hit-in which the batter safely hits base
- a hit, in which the batsman, with no mistake on the part of their opponents, has the capacity to achieve 1st base without having to be put-out.
- See under Base, secure, etc.
- (baseball) the effective work of hitting a baseball in a way your batter hits base securely
Definition for "base hit"
- Baseball a winner by which the batter reaches…
Hyponym for "base hit"
Hypernym for "base hit"
Sports Dictionary for "base hit"