- Portending wicked; ominous. See Synonyms at sinister.
- Harmful or malignant in intent or result.
- Portending wicked; ominous.
- Miserable, wretched, troubled, enduring.
- saturated in life-threatening or pernicious impact; destructive.
- saturated in grief or sorrow; woeful; sad.
- harmful or foreshadowing bad or tragic improvements
- deadly or sinister
- Full of upsetting or malign impact; destructive; pernicious; noxious; direful; deadly: as, “baleful breath,”
- “baleful medicines,”
- Fraught with bale; high in calamity or misfortune; disastrous; wretched; miserable.
Sentence for "baleful"
Synonym for "baleful"
Equivalent for "baleful"
Same Context for "baleful"