- The nonelastic rubber obtained through the exudate associated with Southern American tree Manilkara bidentata. It was found in the make of golf-ball covers and device devices.
- A West Indian sapotaceous tree (Bumelia retusa).
- The bully tree (Minusops globosa); also, its milky liquid (balata gum), which whenever dried out comprises an elastic gum called chicle, or chicle gum.
- Same as balata-gum.
- whenever dried out yields a difficult compound made use of e.g. in tennis balls
- a tropical hardwood tree producing balata gum and hefty purple timber
Sentence for "balata"
Hypernym for "balata"
Variant for "balata"