- A rose-red to orange spinel utilized as a semiprecious treasure, when confused with the ruby.
- a kind of rose-coloured spinel when considered a type of ruby (today often used attributively: balas-ruby).
- a number of spinel ruby, of a pale rose-red shade, occasionally inclining to orange. See spinel. Frequently labeled as balas-ruby.
- a lengthy dagger intended for thrusting rather than cutting, used by the Turks; a Turkish yataghan.
- a pale rose-colored variety of the ruby spinel
Sentence for "balas"
Rhyme for "balas"
Hypernym for "balas"
Urban Dictionary for "balas"