- A wheel that regulates rate of movement in machine components, as in a wristwatch.
- A stabilizing impact.
- The timekeeping product normally used in technical watches and tiny clocks. Comprising a wheel which oscillates due to a coiled spring.
- See when you look at the Vocab.
- A wheel in a wrist watch or chronometer which by the regularity of the movement determines the beat or hit.
- Figuratively, whatever serves the regulation or coördination of moves.
- a wheel that regulates the rate of motion in a device; specially a wheel oscillating against the hairspring of a timepiece to manage its beat
- A wheel which regulates the music or pulses of a wristwatch or chronometer, answering towards pendulum of a-clock; -- known as merely a balance.
- A ratchet-shaped scape wheel, which in some watches is acted upon because of the axis of this stability wheel proper (in those watches labeled as a balance).
- A wheel which imparts regularity on movements of every engine or machine; a fly wheel.
- Definition for "balance wheel"
- A wheel that regulates rate of movement in…
- View More
- Hypernym for "balance wheel"
- Cross Reference for "balance wheel"
- Same Context for "balance wheel"
- Variant for "balance wheel"