- A surety, accustomed have the release of a criminal defendant who has been expected to provide bail.
- A bond or responsibility provided by a prisoner and his surety to insure the appearance of the former in judge during the return for the writ.
- (criminal legislation) money that needs to be forfeited because of the bondsman if an accused individual fails to can be found in court for trial
- A bond or obligation distributed by a prisoner along with his surety, to insure the prisoner's look in judge, at return of this writ.
- Special bail in courtroom to abide the view.
Hypernym for "bail bond"
Etymologically Related for "bail bond"