- Resembling bacteria in features or activity.
- Resembling bacteria.
- Resembling micro-organisms.
- any one of numerous structurally customized germs, such as those occurring regarding root nodules of leguminous flowers.
- A micro-organism eg a bacterium or fungus.
- A bacterium of types Bacteroides.
- A symbiotic form of the nitrogen-fixing bacterium Rhizobia, or perhaps the root nodule it creates.
- a rodlike bacterium (especially any of the rod-shaped or branched germs in the root nodules of nitrogen-fixing flowers)
Sentence for "bacteroid"
- ; Cohn, D.H.: Luciferase genes cloned…
Hypernym for "bacteroid"
Equivalent for "bacteroid"