- perhaps not polluted by or involving any living organisms. Frequently found in mention of pure countries of microorganisms being totally free of this existence of other organisms.
- Containing just one types of microorganism. As an example, an "axenic culture" means that a pure test of the system involved has been grown.
- Isolated from organisms of any various other types
- increased under sterile problems; -- of experimental pets.
- pure or completely free for the existence of other organisms; -- used of cultures of microorganisms.
- (of experimental creatures) raised under sterile circumstances
- (used of countries of microorganisms) totally free off their organisms
- maybe not contaminated by or of every other lifestyle organisms. Often found in reference to pure countries of microorganisms which can be completely free regarding the existence of other organisms.
- Containing just a single types of microorganism. For example, an "axenic tradition" ensures that a pure test associated with the organism concerned has been grown.
- Isolated from organisms of every other species
- lifted under sterile conditions; -- of experimental creatures.
- pure or totally free for the existence of various other organisms; -- used of countries of microorganisms.
- (of experimental animals) raised under sterile conditions
- (used of cultures of microorganisms) completely free from other organisms
Sentence for "axenic"
- Researchers can generate bacteria-free axenic mice.
Synonym for "axenic"
Equivalent for "axenic"
Etymologically Related for "axenic"