- a person who assays, or executes substance tests on metals.
- person who assays. Especially: One who examines metallic ores or substances, for the intended purpose of determining the quantity of any particular steel in identical, particularly of silver or gold.
- One who tries, examinations, or efforts.
- a person who assays metals; person who examines metallic ores or alloys for the purpose of deciding the total amount of any specific material, specially of silver or gold, within them. Specifically
- An officer of the mint, whoever task is to test bullion and money.
- an analyst whom assays (performs substance examinations on) metals
Sentence for "assayer"
Rhyme for "assayer"
Hypernym for "assayer"
Same Context for "assayer"