- any one of a few chiefly Mediterranean plants of genera Asphodeline and Asphodelus inside lily family members, having linear leaves and elongate clusters of white, green, or yellow flowers.
- some of various other plants, like the bog asphodel.
- In Greek poetry and mythology, the flowers of Hades plus the lifeless, sacred to Persephone.
- during the early English and French poetry, the daffodil.
- Flowering plants associated with Asphodelaceae household, specially Asphodelus ramosus and Asphodelus albus; the blossoms of the flowers.
- The rose believed to carpet Hades, and a favorite meals regarding the lifeless.
- A general title for a plant for the genus Asphodelus. The asphodels tend to be robust perennial flowers, a number of types of that are cultivated the beauty of the flowers.
- A name of varied types of Asphodelus, a genus of flowers, normal purchase Liliaceæ, natives of southern Europe.
- some of various chiefly Mediterranean flowers regarding the genera Asphodeline and Asphodelus having linear leaves and racemes of white or pink or yellowish flowers
- Definition for "asphodel"
- any one of a few chiefly Mediterranean plants…
- View More
- Sentence for "asphodel"
- Two green hairstreak butterflies, gracefully viridescent,…
- View More
- Hyponym for "asphodel"
- Hypernym for "asphodel"
- Cross Reference for "asphodel"
- Same Context for "asphodel"