- Roughness or harshness, by area, noise, or environment: the asperity of north winters.
- extent; rigor.
- hook projection from a surface; a spot or bump.
- Harshness of fashion; ill mood or irritability.
- Roughness since stone or weather.
- Harshness, at the time of temperament.
- Something that is harsh and hard to withstand.
- an integral part of a geological fault line that doesn't go.
- Roughness of surface; unevenness; -- against smoothness.
- Roughness or harshness of sound; that high quality which grates upon the ear; raucity.
- Roughness to your taste; sourness; tartness.
- ethical roughness; roughness of manner; severity; crabbedness; harshness; -- opposed to mildness.
- Sharpness; disagreeableness; trouble.
- Roughness of area; unevenness: in opposition to smoothness.
- Roughness of noise; harshness of pronunciation.
- Harshness of flavor; sourness.
- Roughness or ruggedness of temperament; crabbedness; bitterness; severity: since, to chide one with asperity; “asperity of character,” Landor.
- Disagreeableness; unpleasantness; difficulty: as, “the acclivities and asperities of duty,” Barrow, Sermons, III. xlii.
- Synonyms Acrimony, Harshness, etc. See acrimony.
- harshness of fashion
- anything challenging withstand
Sentence for "asperity"
Synonym for "asperity"
Rhyme for "asperity"
Hypernym for "asperity"
Same Context for "asperity"