- Botany A pitcher-shaped or bottle-shaped part or organ, for instance the hollow tubular leaf of a pitcher plant.
- A pitcher-shaped or flask-shaped organ or appendage of a plant.
- certainly one of a genus of quick ascidians, which formerly included all of the recognized types; often used as a name when it comes to Ascidiidae, or even for most of the Tunicata.
- A pitcher-shaped, or flask-shaped, organ or appendage of a plant, whilst the leaves of this pitcher-plant, or the small bladderlike traps for the bladderwort (Utricularia).
- A genus of quick ascidians, which formerly included almost all of the known types. It is sometimes used as a name for the Ascidioidea, or for most of the Tunicata.
- [Also less prop. Ascidia.] A genus of tunicates, typical associated with major family of the class Ascidia, a number of whoever species are generally sea-squirts: synonymous with Phallusia.
- [lowercase; pl. ascidia (-ä).] In botany: Any tubular, horn-shaped, or pitcher-like formation, arising usually from the union of the margins of a leaf or other organ, or from the disproportionate growth of some part.
Definition for "ascidium"
- Botany A pitcher-shaped or bottle-shaped part or organ,…
- View More
Sentence for "ascidium"
- It is not in all cases…
- View More