- A corrosive, fuming, volatile combination of hydrochloric and nitric acids, useful for testing metals and dissolving platinum and gold. Also referred to as nitrohydrochloric acid.
- A mixture of three components concentrated hydrochloric acid to at least one component concentrated nitric acid.
- an extremely corrosive fuming yellow liquid composed of nitric and hydrochloric acids. It has the effectiveness of dissolving gold, the “royal” material.
- a yellow fuming corrosive mixture of nitric and hydrochloric acid that dissolves metals (including gold)
Definition for "aqua regia"
- A corrosive, fuming, volatile combination of hydrochloric and…
Synonym for "aqua regia"
Hypernym for "aqua regia"