- Having no wings or winglike extensions: an apterous insect.
- Destitute of wings; wingless.
- Destitute of winglike membranous expansions, as a stem or petiole.
- Destitute of wings; apteral.
- Destitute of winglike membranous expansions, as a stem or petiole; -- opposed to alate.
- (of bugs) without wings
- In zoology: Wingless; having no wings: applied both to wingless pests owned by winged teams, also to the wingless phase of winged insects.
- especially, of or related to the Aptera.
- In botany, destitute of membranous expansions, as a stem or petiole: opposed to alate.
Sentence for "apterous"
- To describe wind-tossed newsprint as "apterous"…
Synonym for "apterous"
Antonym for "apterous"
Equivalent for "apterous"