- The string of an apron. Frequently used in the plural with linked with indicate total control or dominance: a grown guy still linked with his mother's apron strings.
- among the pair of strings or narrow sewn cloth pieces used to fasten an apron round the user's waistline.
- emblematic of domestic ties joining a male to a lady (as a husband to a wife or a son to a mother).
- (usually used in the plural) a cord familiar with link an apron at the waist
- The sequence of an apron.
Hypernym for "apron string"
Equivalent for "apron string"
- to be tied to a mother's apron strings