- a-sudden breaking away from a thought in the center of a sentence, like the speaker were unwilling or incapable of continue.
- An abrupt breaking-off in speech.
- A figure of speech where the presenter breaks down suddenly, like reluctant or struggling to state the thing that was in his mind's eye.”
- In rhetoric, abrupt reticence; the suppression by a speaker or writer of something he seemed to be about to state; the unexpected termination of a discourse prior to it being actually done.
- breaking down in the center of a sentence (as by article authors of practical conversations)
Sentence for "aposiopesis"
- LOL It's called aposiopesis when you…
Hypernym for "aposiopesis"
Cross Reference for "aposiopesis"
Variant for "aposiopesis"