- Slavishly or foolishly imitative: "My own performances were apish imitations of Olivier's stirring cadences” ( Robert Brustein).
- Silly; outlandish.
- Resembling or feature of an ape.
- obtaining the characteristics of an ape; susceptible to copy in a servile fashion. Therefore: Apelike; fantastically ridiculous; foppish; affected; trifling.
- becoming or given to servile replica
- obtaining the qualities of an ape; inclined to copy in a servile manner; ergo, foolishly foppish, affected, or trifling: as, apish ways.
- Definition for "apish"
- Sentence for "apish"
- According to Locke, dance teachers should…
- View More
- Synonym for "apish"
- Equivalent for "apish"
- Same Context for "apish"