- Having no light.
- Of or relating to the region of a body of liquid that is not achieved by sunlight and in which photosynthesis is not able to occur.
- having no light, specially no sunlight
- describing that the main deep oceans and ponds in which photosynthesis is not possible
- Without light.
- lacking light; especially not reached by sunlight
- In phytogeography, without light: placed on the deep level in a body of water by which just non-assimilating organisms can exist.
Sentence for "aphotic"
- Sunlight rarely penetrates below 250 meters…
Antonym for "aphotic"
Equivalent for "aphotic"
Form for "aphotic"