- A dense, homogeneous rock with constituents so fine that they can't be seen because of the naked-eye.
- particular dark igneous rocks having whole grain therefore fine that the specific crystals cannot be seen with the naked-eye.
- a tremendously compact, dark-colored �ock, consisting of hornblende, or pyroxene, and feldspar, but neither of those in perceptible grains.
- a rather fine-grained variety of diorite (which see), or one out of that your element minerals, chiefly triclinic feldspar and hornblende, can not be distinguished with the naked eye.
- fine-grained homogeneous rock (like basalt) containing nutrients undetectable because of the naked-eye
Hypernym for "aphanite"
- View More