- an individual claiming to-be or chosen pope towards the main one chosen by chapel legislation, as during a schism.
- someone who promises or reported to-be the pope because of a disputed election, but is perhaps not considered because of the Roman Catholic Church becoming the true pope.
- one that is elected, or statements becoming, pope in opposition to the pope canonically selected; esp. placed on those popes which resided at Avignon through the Great Schism.
- a person who usurps or perhaps is chosen into the papal workplace towards a pope held to-be canonically plumped for.
- somebody who is chosen pope towards another person who's held become canonically elected
- an individual saying becoming or elected pope in opposition to usually the one opted for by chapel law, because during a schism.
- an individual who claims or advertised is the pope as the result of a disputed election, but is not considered because of the Roman Catholic Church become the true pope.
- one that is elected, or statements become, pope in opposition to the pope canonically opted for; esp. applied to those popes which lived at Avignon throughout the Great Schism.
- a person who usurps or perhaps is elected towards papal office towards a pope held to-be canonically plumped for.
- a person who is elected pope versus someone who is held become canonically chosen
Sentence for "antipope"
- Amadeus VIII (1391-1434), known as the…
Hyponym for "antipope"
Hypernym for "antipope"
Cross Reference for "antipope"