- A genus of lamellicorn beetles, of the family Scarabœidœ, having 9-jointed antennæ and margined elytra.
- A genus of bivalve mollusks, regarding the household Corbiculidœ: synonymous with Egeta.
- [made use of as a plural.] A small grouping of decapod crustaceans, like the Hippidœ and Paguridæ: an inexact synonym of Anomura.
- plural A tribe of brachyurous crustaceans containing the households Dromidæ, Homolidæ, and Raninidæ.
- genus of beetles whoever grubs supply mainly on origins of plants; includes several insects of cultivated grasses
Sentence for "anomala"
- Hydrangea anomala petiolaris, the beautiful climbing…
Hypernym for "anomala"