- A tropical United states evergreen shrub or little tree (Bixa orellana), having heart-shaped leaves and showy, rose-pink or often white flowers. Also called lipstick tree.
- The seed of this plant, utilized as a coloring and sometimes as a flavoring, particularly in Latin American cuisine.
- A yellowish-red dyestuff gotten from the seed aril of this plant, utilized especially to dye material and color food products such as for instance margarine and mozzarella cheese.
- A tropical United states evergreen shrub, Bixa orellana; the lip stick tree.
- The seed for this tree utilized as a colouring or in Latin-American cooking.
- An orange-red dye acquired from this seed.
- Same as arnotto.
Sentence for "annatto"
Synonym for "annatto"
Cross Reference for "annatto"
Same Context for "annatto"