- Any of a genus (Anhinga) of long-necked wild birds having a sharp, pointed bill and inhabiting swampy parts of tropical and subtropical America. Also referred to as darter, snakebird, water turkey.
- A fish-eating bird, Anhinga anhinga, from North America having a thin, pointed costs and lengthy, slim throat.
- A bird of this household Anhingidae.
- An aquatic bird regarding the southern United States (Platus anhinga); the darter, or snakebird.
- The United states snake-bird, darter, or water-turkey, Plotus anhinga; a totipalmate natatorial bird, of the household Plotidæ and purchase Steganopodes.
- [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of birds: a synonym of Plotus.
- fish-eating bird of warm inland seas having a long versatile neck and thin sharp-pointed costs
Sentence for "anhinga"
Synonym for "anhinga"
Hyponym for "anhinga"
Hypernym for "anhinga"