- a musical instrument determine perspectives, especially one used by geologists to measure the dip of strata.
- a guitar for measuring angles, esp. for ascertaining the plunge of strata.
- An instrument determine angles, esp. one employed by geologists determine the plunge of strata.
- Any tool useful for measuring angles; specifically, a guitar used by geologists for measuring the plunge of strata; a clinometer.
- a musical instrument built to show the variations in angular velocity regarding the revolving shaft of an engine.