- Either of a set of signs, < >, familiar with enclose written or printed product.
- Mathematics Either of those symbols, made use of specifically collectively to point quantities becoming treated as a unit.
- Either associated with the two inequality signs and symptoms of ASCII, < and >, whenever made use of as brackets in markup languages like HTML.
- Either of a set of symbols, ⟨ and ⟩, familiar with enclose text in several technical contexts, as well as in mathematical formulas to denote an interval or a continuing parameter.
- either of two punctuation scars (`<' or `>') used in education and quite often always enclose textual material
- an L-shaped metal bracket