- explaining a plant whoever fruit is in an envelope rather than section of a calyx.
- Having fruit inclosed within a covering that does not form part of itself; since, the filbert included in its husk, or the acorn seated in its cupule.
- Having the seeds or spores covered, as in particular lichens.
- having or becoming fresh fruit enclosed in a shell or husk
- In botany: Having a fruit inclosed within a definite covering, as filbert within its husk.
- obtaining the receptacle closed, like in gastromycetous fungi, or opening only by a pore, such as pyrenomycetous fungi many lichens.
Sentence for "angiocarpous"
- They are sometimes divided, according to…
Synonym for "angiocarpous"
Etymologically Related for "angiocarpous"