- creating ducks. Previously utilized of barnacles, because it ended up being thought that they produced ducks and geese.
- manufacturing ducks; -- put on Anatifæ, underneath the outrageous thought of their turning into ducks or geese. See barnacle.
- manufacturing ducks. Previously made use of of barnacles, because it ended up being thought that they produced ducks and geese.
- creating ducks; -- placed on Anatifæ, under the absurd idea of the changing into ducks or geese. See barnacle.
- manufacturing geese; this is certainly, producing the cirripeds formerly known as tree-geese or goose-mussels, which abide by submerged lumber or stone, but were formerly designed to develop on woods, then to drop off into the liquid and become geese: an epithet associated with barnacle, Lepas anatifera, as well as the trees upon which it absolutely was supposed to develop. See Anatifa, Lepas.
- manufacturing geese; which, creating the cirripeds previously called tree-geese or goose-mussels, which stay glued to submerged lumber or rock, but were previously likely to develop on woods, and then to fall off in to the water and turn into geese: an epithet regarding the barnacle, Lepas anatifera, as well as the woods upon which it had been supposed to grow. See Anatifa, Lepas.
Variant for "anatiferous"
- View More