- A trisyllabic metrical base having an unaccented or brief syllable between two accented or long syllables, as in Peter Pan. Also known as cretic.
- A metrical foot consisting of an unaccented syllable between two accented syllables; a cretic
- A foot of three syllables, the center one brief and other people long, as in cāst�tās.
- In prosody, a foot of three syllables, the center one short therefore the other individuals very long, like in Latin cāstĭtās: the alternative of amphibrach.
Sentence for "amphimacer"
- But perchance if ye would seeme…
- View More