- expanding overall the zones associated with world, from tropics to the poles.
- expanding over-all the zones, through the tropics on polar zones inclusive.
- expanding around the planet: in botany, applied to genera or types that are discovered world wide in around similar latitude.
- [capitalized] [⟨ NL. Amphigæa + -an.] In zoögeog., a phrase applied to the temperate Southern American world among the prime zoölogical divisions for the earth's land-surface, with regards to its equivocal or ambiguous zoölogical character.
- In botany, bearing blossoms from a rootstock.