- A metamorphic rock composed chiefly of amphibole with small plagioclase and small quartz.
- Any of a course of metamorphic stone composed mainly of amphibole with quartz etc.
- a metamorphic rock composed chiefly of amphibole and plagioclase.
- A rock of the class associated with crystalline schists, and consisting mainly of green hornblende, together with quartz or feldspar, or both. It is always pretty much distinctly in beds like gneiss.
- a metamorphic rock composed mainly of amphibole and plagioclase
Sentence for "amphibolite"
- The rugged, steeply sloping mountains are…
Hypernym for "amphibolite"
Etymologically Related for "amphibolite"