- An earth abounding in pyrites, utilized by the ancients to destroy pests, etc., on vines.
- A carbonaceous alum schist.
- An earth abounding in pyrites, employed by the ancients to eliminate insects, etc., on vines; -- used by Brongniart to a carbonaceous alum schist.
- A species of black planet abounding in pyrites: so named from having already been regularly destroy bugs on vines. The name is also placed on cannel-coal and also to some types of schist.
Definition for "ampelite"
- An earth abounding in pyrites, utilized by the…
Sentence for "ampelite"