- Midway between your bow and also the stern.
- In the middle of a ship, either longitudinally or laterally.
- often within the distinct the keel, but occasionally halfway between bow and stern; frequently contracted to “midships.” (FM 55-501).
- regarding the flank, at a vulnerable destination.
- in a ship, with regard to the woman length, and often additionally the girl breadth.
- at or near or toward the biggest market of a ship
- A helm order, usually reduced to midships!, to centre the helm into the line of the keel.
- In or toward the center of a ship, or that part that is midway between your stem and stern.
- In the middle line of a ship; over and in line with the keel: as, to put the helm amid ships.
Sentence for "amidships"
Sports Dictionary for "amidships"